Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We're legal !!

YES !!!!!!!!!

Seven and a half stressful weeks since Peter first arrived, and after a nightmare of confusion, changes of rules, jobsworth bureaucracy and an avoidable trip to the UK for Peter, we finally have our Residents' Permits. I just scraped in under the wire and would have had to fly home TODAY if anything had gone wrong. But thanks to the saintly but determined Candy we now have the magic pieces of paper stuck in our passports, which allow us to live and (in Peter's case, when combined with his work permit) work in, and travel in and out of, China. What a flippin' relief.

Until next year, when we have to do it all again.

Everyone sing along:

Wo-oh, I'm an alien
I'm a legal alien
I'm a Britisher in Harbin.

I'd like a glass of Harbin beer,
With a fa piao on the side,
And you can see it from my idiotic grin
I'm a Britisher in Harbin.

Sting, eat your heart out.

OK, I'm showing my age, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment